First time on a Shooting Range?
Whether you’re interested in getting into the shooting sports or just want to try out a gun or two, our Introductory Sessions offer you the chance to shoot in a safe and relaxed environment. All of our instructors speak English, so you won’t have any trouble making a reservation or understanding their instructions on the range.
Our Introductory Sessions are intended for people who are visiting our range for the first time and don’t have their own gun. Shooters who own a gun can simply make a reservation for one of our normal range sessions, although attending a brief safety lecture is always required before hitting the range for the first time. During the Intro Sessions our experienced instructors are always by your side to ensure safe gun handling and give you tips on your shooting technique.
Introductory sessions last for 50 minutes and consist of:
- A lecture covering weapons’ function, safety rules and range commands and the fundamentals of shooting (approx. 20 min.)
- Shooting! The range is 25 metres and we shoot five round strings of fire at standard bulls-eye type targets with a rimfire pistol. Our instructors will be within arms reach for the entire session to ensure you’re shooting safely and using proper technique (approx. 30 min.)
The Introductory Session is all inclusive (range fee, ammo, target, instruction). You can find our prices here.
Intro Sessions are shot entirely using a rimfire pistol or revolver, as they are accurate and have low recoil and a mild report, making them easy and pleasant to shoot. If you’d like to try a larger gun on the same visit to our range, you can reserve a normal range session right after your intro session. Please note that our instructors have last say on which guns it is safe for a shooter to try.
Reservations must be made at least a day in advance by calling +358 (0)9 8569 6980. Unfortunately we cannot accept walk-in customers!
TRAINING IS CONDUCTED IN FINNISH AND / OR ENGLISH. UNDERSTANDING ONE OF THESE LANGUAGES IS A PREREQUISITE FOR PARTICIPATION. UNFORTUNATELY WE CANNOT SAFELY PROVIDE TRAINING TO CUSTOMERS WHO DO NOT KNOW ONE OF THESE LANGUAGES!
- A photo ID. Well hang on to this while you’re on the range.
- Relaxed clothing. We recommend a long-sleeve shirt with a relatively tight collar so that hot brass won’t fall under your shirt. We don’t recommend wearing high-heeled footwear or sandals while shooting.
- An open mind. Listen to what our instructors have to say; they’ve got a lot to give, even if you’re an experienced shooter. Remember that when it comes to shooting, there are no stupid questions. If you’re not crystal clear about something, ask!
Please make sure to note which range your reservation is for! We look forward to seeing you on the range!
Osuva Kamppi is ten minutes walk from the Helsinki Central Railway Station and a couple of minutes from Kamppi metro station at Albertinkatu 36.
Osuva Tähtitorninmäki is located under Observatory Hill (Tähtitorninvuori), a five minute walk from Stockmann's -department store. The address is Fabianinkatu 1.